- Unraveling the Mystery of Goldblatt Hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI
- The progress notes of Michel Accad, MD
- Does Bergen, Norway, hold the key to the mystery of hypertension?
A re-analysis of that large data set with up-to-date tools, if feasible, seems to be what is needed. At the end of the day, is it not enough to just have — based on as large a sample size as possible — a sequence of graphs one each for men aged , another for men aged ,. And then let each patient judge the risks of having a stroke or heart attack vs. BP function is different.
That was a fascinating article.
- The Gardeners Calendar: A Wee Booklet?
- The World Decision.
- Melissa Etheridge: Our Little Secret.
- The Collected Works of Samuel Chadwick - Three books in one.
- Lampião e os meninos (Portuguese Edition).
I never knew of this historical controversy. Two thoughts came to mind while reading this piece: Determining that the distribution is intrinsically bimodal, i. Without assuming the functional form for the underlying functions, you could never distinguish the superposition of two distinct functions from a function that is asymmetric. Blood pressure is not a fixed property of an individual.
It varies during the day and depends on the manner in which the measurement is made. Some of the spread of the measured values is likely attributable to these factors. It seems unlikely that most of the statistics were collected under ideal conditions.http://mail.amandasleep.com/crochet-vintage-toy-patterns-crochet-toys-pigs.php
Unraveling the Mystery of Goldblatt Hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI
Some of the issues are detailed here: Both papers that I cite by McManus and by Schork et al. As with many biological variables, my understanding is that it is usually the log transformation that is used.
- Does Bergen, Norway, hold the key to the mystery of hypertension??
- Raccolta di Breviari intellettuali di Emdondo De Amicis (Italian Edition).
- Zombie Zone Zero.
In regards to your second comment, it is true that the blood pressure is very fickle. Research studies usually impose a fairly strict measurement protocol on the team collecting the data. That is why some of us are of the opinion that hypertension should not be defined solely on the basis of cut-off numbers.
The progress notes of Michel Accad, MD
Thanks for the response. This paper contains a list of such re-definitions that have occurred recently: Vascular smooth muscle G q signaling is involved in high blood pressure in both induced renal and genetic vascular smooth muscle-derived models of hypertension. The vasoprotective axes of the renin-angiotensin system: Physiological relevance and therapeutic implications in cardiovascular, hypertensive and kidney diseases. Sanders , Peter J. Renal responses to AT1 blockade in angiotensin II-induced hypertensive rats.
Does Bergen, Norway, hold the key to the mystery of hypertension?
A single amino acid determines differences in ethanol actions on strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors. Evidence for a selective effect of ethanol on N - methyl - D - aspartate responses: Renal accumulation of circulating angiotensin II in angiotensin II-infused rats. Institute of pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, Nis.
Institute of pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, Nis. Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Nis. Clinic of nephrology, Medical Faculty, Nis. Department of Pharmacy, Medical Faculty, Nis. Add comment Close comment form modal.
I agree to the terms and conditions. You must accept the terms and conditions. You have entered an invalid code.
- The mystery of persistent pulmonary hypertension: an idiopathic infantile arterial calcification.!
- Does Bergen, Norway, hold the key to the mystery of hypertension? | Alert & Oriented.
- PROPHECY to PRUNING SHEARS - Book 72 - Know Your Bible!
- Setting Performance Standards: Foundations, Methods, and Innovations.
- Constitutional Courts and Democratic Values: A European Perspective.
- Unraveling the Mystery of Goldblatt Hypertension..
Thank you for submitting a comment on this article. Your comment will be reviewed and published at the journal's discretion. Please check for further notifications by email. Email alerts New issue alert.